Monday, December 1, 2008

Back To Normalcy-is there such a thing?

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend!!! I just finished up getting my house back in order after a bomb went off. This is the price I must pay for just playing for days and especially when I have all my boys (Jake) home! This is one thing I love about Jake being a teacher but sometimes it's a love/hate relationship. We started the big weekend off with Toby and Tryce having a sleepover with Grandma Barbara, which is always a fun time for them!! (Although I'm not so sure about my dad) This also gave me and Jake some time to get a little Christmas shopping done! Then we picked them up the next day and went to the Startup Candy Company and got a few bags of their big suckers. Not a big deal to some but my kids love them!!! Went to Arby's for lunch where Tryce immediately spilled his entire Sprite all over the table and there were napkins nowhere to be found. We took the kids bowling to Fat Cats!!! They absolutely love to bowl!!! We went and had Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma Maxine's house with all the Gordon's. Jake made Grandmas day by saying that it was the best Thanksgiving dinner ever!!! And it really was delicious! Then Grandma trusted me to separate her silver from her stainless steel utensils. She didn't trust me enough to load her dishwasher but she did let me handwash the rest of the dishes as long as the water was hot enough to burn my hands. She is such a hoot!!! Then when we got ready to leave I couldn't find Tryce. The last place I looked was in Grandma Max's room where she had gone to get away from the chaos and there cuddled up to her was Tryce! They were cuddled in a blanket watching tv and talking about bowling!! It was sweet!!! Then over to my mom's for some treats, more football, Rock Band, Apples to Apples, and looking at ads to get our game plan ready for 3 AM!!! We went and got pretty much everything on our list. It was fun as always. I even talked my friend Andrea into going this year and she was so fun and I think she will be in every year now!!! Sure all day Friday I felt and looked like I got hit by a train and was totally worthless who cares right!?!

So now Thanksgiving break mess is cleaned up for now and I can only imagine what it will look like when Christmas break comes...it's a long one!!!

(I'm not offended if you didn't make it through this long post)

3 comments:

Brittney said...

I don't think that there is any normalcy through the Christmas season. I wish it could stay this way forever! Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving and you got your good deals. I'm going later today to try to get some money back. Next year I might just have to do things differently! Hey, by the way, where are you getting your cute blog backgrounds? I am dying to try something new, you'll have to share! See ya later,

Natalie said...

I think this is the first year we didn't see you out shopping! hope you had fun... we did!

Anonymous said...

That was a fun Thanksgiving! I was impressed when I saw you in the kitchen doing dishes - way to go!! We didn't see you on Black Friday so I hope you got everything you were looking for!