Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Independence

So I try to teach my kids to be independent. Like yes, Tryce did pick out his own PJ's that I am aware don't match. I think that teaching them to do things on their own is a great skill and is very rewarding for them to see what they can accomplish all by themselves! If I would let Toby, he would be off to kindergarten without me even getting out of bed but I insist on watching him ride his scooter across the street and watching until he makes it into the school door. So here Tryce is making his own PB sandwich!! (Although sometimes I wonder if it's making it easier or harder for me.)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great little mama you are! What a very important thing to teach your kids - they'll grow with such great self esteem and not afraid to try things on their own.

The Byrdhouse said...

Love him licking the knife!

Scott and Tara said...

You have a lot of patience. I need to let my kids be more independent. I think they rely on me to much sometimes.

Jenny said...

Kim those pictures are priceless! He is the cutest boy ever, (next to Hayes and Toby)! Anyways I'm all about letting them do stuff themselves, I don't want to raise a Jace! haha Give them all a hug from Aunt Jenny.
P.S. We need to plan our annual pumpkin carving day!

Natalie said...

You are more patient than I am!